Otamatea HarbourCare Update – 12 July 2021
AGM tomorrow night
I have been remiss in not using the Update format to let you all know about the Society’s Annual General Meeting at 7.30pm tonight at the Country Club. The agenda is below. All welcome.
Agenda for ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING Tuesday 13 th July 2021 starting at 7.30pm, the Country Club,
Bickerstaffe Rd, Maungaturoto.
Order of Business:
1) Call to order 7.30 pm
2) Minutes of previous Society General Meeting
3) Chairman’s report
4) Treasurer’s report and receipt of Financial Statements
(d) Committee members (4)
6) Appointment of accounts reviewer for 2020-21 year
7) Review of membership fees (currently $10)
8) Notices of Motion (None tabled)
We still have heaps of plants in the nursery so….
· if your property is within the Maungaturoto free calling area,
· you want trees for planting alongside waterways or erosion-prone land,
· you prepare the site yourself and make sure it is adequately fenced,
· it is not for a resource consent purpose,
· you come and collect them from our nursery yourself,
· and you are a member of HarbourCare Society (annual subscription for 2020-21 year is $10)
then the plants will be free, except as follows:
In order to increase the range of wetland plant species available, the committee has decided to purchase three types of sedges from another nursery because we haven’t yet got around to growing them ourselves. The society will be subsidising the cost of these so we will be charging 50 cents per pot or $10 per tray of 28 as appropriate.
If you want a hand with planting if you are not up to it yourself, we may be able to arrange something. Get in touch so we can discuss it. I am looking for sites which would be suitable for a community planting event as we have had great support already this year, and its fun!